Monday, April 23, 2007

Carbon Nismo FL2 Rear Spoiler - Preview Part 3

Took delivery of the finished spoiler just a while ago. Was supposed to install yesterday but it rained Garfields and Odies just when I was ready to go install. Planned to install after work today but guess what? It rained giraffes and hippos again. Big Bummer! Anyway here's the finished item. Don't need any weighing scale to tell me the carbon spoiler weighs less than half the stock polyurethane item. Hold the stock spoiler in your hands and you'll be surprised at how heavy it is. No kidding!
Closeup. Finished quality is only second best per my own personal standards. Quite a lot of pin holes present and the clearcoat is rather thin. Plan is to install and then leave for a couple weeks before sending to my professional painter for refinishing. More $$ here. Sigh!
Bottom surface
Hope to install in the next couple of days. Dear God, pls give me some decent sunshine between 6pm and 7pm.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

chun! I pray for a sunshine up north for u..

llsaw said...

Thanks Bro! :)

Jerry said...

may there be sunshine. excellent finishing in my opinion.

llsaw said...

No lar.. Finish quality is only second best per my own personal standards. Now thinking of refinishing before installing

Jerry said...

perfectionist.... XD

llsaw said...

Nolar.. Spend a lot of marnee liao so must at least be up to my standard. Bro coming to collect the spoiler tomorrow