Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Dietary Supplements - Organization

Over the years I've accumulated quite a bit of spare lightweight fasteners as a result of a habit of always buying extras just in case. Till recently these (the spares) were all still in original packaging in a plastic bag. Which is a pain every time I want to find a particular bolt, etc. as I had to empty out the entire plastic bag unless I got lucky and find what I want on top of the pile.

As the plastic bag was getting more and more full over time I decided to get organized. Found this general purpose organization plastic box with convertible compartments over @ Ace Hardware and bought one. Cost was MYR 44.90. Below's the end result.

If you're wondering what's that funky yellow coloured thingy in the picture above, it's a very handy tool from Pro-Bolt to measure size of fastener including thread pitch. Tool comes foc with purchases over 20 or 30 GBP once upon a time. I'm not sure if the offer is still valid currently.

Pro-Bolt also sell similar organization boxes but cost will be higher when you add shipping. I might be tempted to go the Pro-Bolt route one day..

15 comments:

Zii said...

Hi Mr. Andrew, after reading your 8 years blog, I am all fired up to built my N16 with love like you did. But I need some advice at first. mind if I ask you some questions, erhm.... I mean, a lot of questions...

llsaw said...

Hi Zii,

Go ahead and I'll try and answer when and where I can. Please also do not forget to read all 300+ articles in this blog. This is the sole purpose of this blog's creation and on-going lifeline.

Zii said...

Cheers to you Mr. Andrew. My N16 is 12 years of age, previously my mom's car, got it by paying half the loan on the new Ford Fiesta. >.<" Now I own this car. By the looks of it, it seems very sad coz mom didn't really take good care of it. Last month itself I've change all 4 absorbers + lower arms etc, but still got sound. When going over the bump got a "kok kok" sound. Kinda annoying after paying more than a thousand quit to fix it. I dun wanna send to any capalang shop to let them trial and error on the poor Snail-tra. Any idea what's the sound? I will update you the list of the repair.

Zii said...

1. Lower arm bush
2. 2X Absorber (F)
3. 2X Absorber (R)
4. 2X Absorber Cover

llsaw said...

Hi Zii,

To be frank it's difficult to isolate the sound without siting in the car and testing for extensive period. The problem can be anything.

llsaw said...

What is an Absorber Cover?

Zii said...

I think it's the thing that looks like rubber spring that cover the inner part of the spring. And I got my friend sorted out what's the problem. Absorber leaking again in less than a month. >.<"

llsaw said...

Good to hear. Absorber leaking only after a month? What oem brand is that? That's why always go for original Nissan. Pay more for peace of mind.

Zii said...

It's original nissan, and it makes me doubt it's originality. Now I have another problem of my own doing. I took out the hazard light switch, messed up the wire, if you have the time would you send me a picture of the wire arrangement behind the hazard light switch of your car... If not i need to go back to tan choong. :(

llsaw said...

Sorry, couldn't be of more help. I don't have the picture.

Zii said...

Got it sorted out by a local mechanic, he is extremely helpful, and he is very familiar with the car being an ex-Tan Choong Mechanic and also owns an N16. The fault is the signal relay switch. Now it's back to normal. How's the Shark recently? How's the new gearbox?

llsaw said...

New gearbox's in bits and pieces. Article to follow :)

Zii said...

Can't wait for the update! I've sent my N16 for some "plastic surgery" recently and it's not cheap =="

llsaw said...

What plastic surgery? Tell tell...

Zii said...

Just some minor fix on the bumpers and ordered the 1.8 GXE PU body kit. It will need rims and a new set of tires. All are not expensive and it's only half done coz need to rush raya customer's cars 1st.