Friday, April 4, 2014

15/16" Nabco RHD Non-ABS Brake Master Cylinder

The recent upgrade of my brake reservoir's cap got me recalling about a long overdue post. Remember I blogged about whether there were any 15/16" Nabco Right Hand Drive Non-ABS BMCs still available? Yes I know that was 3 years ago.

Well, the answer is YES! Bro Nicholas actually found some a long while back. Pictures below courtesy of the man himself.

From the second and third from top pictures you can see "BM44" on the BMC's outer casing on the right hand side. All Nissan BM44 cylinders are 15/16" (23.8mm). BM38 (mine) is 7/8" (22.2mm),  BM50 is 1" (25.4mm) and BM57 is 1 1/16" (26.99 or 27mm).

The proportioning valves which determine the ratio between the front and rear brake lines. Ending part number is 5M322. I do not know what the beginning part number is. Could be 46010.

In the end I decided not to get the larger BMC then due to two reasons with the first being the massive cost for what is a used unit. Secondly my Wilwoods are working well with my stock BMC with only slightly longer pedal travel. I might change my mind one of these days though and test the larger 15/16" BMC. Hopefully these are still available.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

these come on nissan almera's, that's where i got mine
paul talbot.

ss said...

which model use this