Saturday, June 15, 2013

Nismo Veruspeed Oil Filter

Ordered my Nismo Veruspeed oil filter from RHD Japan. Price quoted by RHD Japan is 1,995 Japanese Yen. You will need to add shipping on top of that. Pos Laju never sent me any notice to go collect when the oil filter arrived. Luckily I was able to track the shipment on the web and called Pos Laju to arrange for pick up. Malaysia Boleh service :(

Picture below shows the actual oil filter box vs the shipping packaging. Major waste of packaging and my money (on the shipping) if you asked me.

There are 2 models of Veruspeed listed by Nismo. Get this one for QG engines. All QGs use the same oil filter. The other model is larger (longer) and typically used by Nissan factory turbocharged engines/models.

Why the Veruspeed oil filter? Well, Nismo claims that the large filter area (3 level filtration) decreases pressure loss and improves filter efficiency over an extended life-span. This stabilises oil pressure and stops dirt and sludge from getting into the engine. The Veruspeed oil filter uses a "Inclined Density Structure" filter element structure in which the filter weave becomes denser towards the centre. Larger particles are caught near the surface while finer particles are trapped in the fine mesh near the core. The action prevents clogging. More details and pictures on Nismo's website. Make sure you can view Acrobat pdf files.

Picture below of my Nismo Veruspeed oil filter.

Filter will go in during Sharkie's next service together with the WPC oil pump. Will know then if there is a real pressure increase or I have spent a big wad of my hard earned money for nothing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just bought a K&N oil filter for my N16. Cost me like 3times more then my usual OSK or MANN oil filter... Wonder if it will be any better... Cause my oil changes are at 5000km.

llsaw said...

Have not used the K&N previously so can't comment if it is any better than stock

Unknown said...

Ok. Anyways to say your N16 is amazing is a total understatement.

I have not finished reading your 'files'...

Would like to know if you have managed to source for a short shifter for your car? Or did you custom make one? You are equipped with a short shifter right?

llsaw said...

No Sir. The shifter is stock. Most short shifters I have experienced atually require more effort to shift gears when compared to stock which is ok if you're racing but a nuisance (to me) if you are just pottering around. TWM Performance in the US supposedly makes one of the better quality short shifters for N16/B15 but they are not cheap. You can find out more @ http://www.twmperformance.com/

llsaw said...

Wahahaha.. TWM Performance's link has just appeared on my blog. Pls click on that :)

Unknown said...

Thank you thank you. :)