Friday, January 28, 2011

The EFR 6258 is Here!

Pixs tell a thousand words. These are the first two in Malaysia from what I know. One for me and one for a Bro.

This is what my Bro Jacko whom helped to pick up the snail has to say bout the EFR - "LOL... you guys better chia me good dinner. I had to lug both your turbo to my unit. Luckily they were very light as compared to other turbos

Firstly good news. The water and oil ports are all M14 x 1.5 as described on the installation guidelines. You also do not need an oil restrictor as its already build in (SMART!). Turbo is top notch, even my turbo guy that sees turbo day in and day out commented that its very beautiful and will flow better than any GT28 variant. The compressor housing is bigger than the stock evo7-8 and maybe same size as the evo9. That explains the 400hp potential. The compressor wheel is a billet item and will last longer than the car if nothing touches it at 100,000rpms. Other good things I see is that the shaft is thick, casting is top quality and turbo spins very well!! The compressor housing can also be rotated 360deg as its being held by Vband clamps and the actuator can move with it. Very impressive. You guys made a great choice. To the untrained eye this may look like a small turbo.. but look closer and it will smoke the rest... The quality is very good better than Garret and any OEM turbo of course.

Bad news is that you have to get the 3" Vband clamps for the turbo as my turbo friend does not have them in stock now. But plenty in Ebay. Other than that you guys are pretty much set and ....... oh and also the expensive dinner with me :P"

Looks like many sleepless nights ahead for me. Sweet turbo dreams...

13 comments:

Jack said...

Maybe, I should corp out my desk. Looks very messy... :)

Jack said...

Noticed the oil return is a -4AN. You may want to check if that's the case as it looks small. Normally its a -8 or -10AN. Knowing BW, they may have designed it that way.

llsaw said...

That's your desk? Thought it was the turbo shop :)

Will check out on the oil return but oil drain is listed by the tech brochure as M8 1.25 (38mm bolt spacing)

llsaw said...

Presume those fingers are yours too? :P

[alfred] said...

TurboTra Soon!

llsaw said...

Nick sounds funny Bro! :) Happy CNY!

Jack said...

eh.. when wanna collect the turbo!! very expensive paper weight in my house.. if its still here by next month. I'll be tempted to install it myself.. screw the custom jobbie needed!!

llsaw said...

Eh.. dun stress me out more lar.. Consider these as visual therapy. Wahahahahahah!

Mugil said...

they look lovely.....cant wait to see how they perform!! i bet it will sound wicked as well when it spools up

llsaw said...

Like Mugil Bro says... "Good things comes to those who wait" :)

I have decided on the K1 Technologies conrods btw despite the longer 12 weeks wait. Don't have to worry bout customs :) Pistons next!

Mugil said...

wah bro, wicked man!!

what pistons then? ross?

llsaw said...

Well it all depends on Toby :) I will be talking to my K1 contacts on pistons choices but expect them to tell me CP (the piston and not Bro CP). Looking to see if CP SR20VE forged 89mm pistons will work on the QG. Helps to cut down development costs.

llsaw said...

Why was I thinking SR20VE 89mm pistons when a QG with 1mm overbore is only 81mm bore? Getting old :(