Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's Good to be Back!!!

I can't believe my hiatus from blogging has been nearly 2 years. 1 year 9 months to be more exact yet it feels just like yesterday as time has moved so fast. I originally took the hiatus to move into my new house and also to concentrate on my studies. Well I'm currently in my last semester and should be done by October. This means more time for hobbies and toys and the sadly neglected Slowtra. Woohoo!!!

Much has changed with my life, hobbies and toys in the intervening 21 months. As mentioned I moved into my new house and also finally got hitched. There has been changes to my career though mostly on a positive note. My wife's health hasn't been the best either so more TLC and time spent there. Then I got really crazy with my hi-fi. Not not the ICE variety but serious 2-channel home hi-fi. Anyway this blog's bout the Slowtra so lets not go there :) The Slowtra has registered 72+K kms to-date and continues to run without a hitch. The only "mods" have been new tyres and a new windscreen wiper. Oh and recently changed my rear Nismo shocks as the right hand (driver's) busted a seal. As you know the Nismo S-Tune is not rebuildable so decided to get a pair rather than only one damper to ensure the handling is balanced. Will blog bout this later.

I've been thinking bout the new direction for the Slowtra in the past 2-3 months and have decided to take it more towards the performance edge. Am still not building a "Dog" level racing car but the mods moving forward will be more towards a harder performance edge. The ICE is being slowly reduced to a simpler setup. I've removed one Steg amp and the sub is sitting in my boot unused. Anybody want a mint condition Focal 27KX sub? Have got a couple of real performance mods lined up in the roster so stay tuned. And yes, it's really good to be back!!!!!

6 comments:

hmph said...

Woohoo welcome back bro!

llsaw said...

Thanks Bro. Looking forward to more mods ;)

softmuffin said...

Welcome back dood.. Im just finish replace my radiator hose. Google for N16 parts and saw ur blog, click and new updates..

:)

llsaw said...

What radiator hose u using btw?

softmuffin said...

those normal OEM.

llsaw said...

OIC. I'm actually looking to have some custom Samco hoses made. Would you by any chance be interested?