Saturday, August 18, 2007

15 months and 20,600km later

Latest picture of the Slowtra basking in the evening sun outside my friend's lovely house.
Quality of the car is outstanding and everything's been problem free with the interior still rattle free despite some hard driving. Only downside are the paranoid reverse sensors which beep away the moment I hit reverse gear. Even when the nearest object/wall from my rear bumper is miles away. Have asked TCEAS to fix this 3 times and it's still the same. Oh Boy! :(

The Bridgestone Potenza RE050As are really superb. The effect overall is akin to my shocks being revalved. The stiffer sidewalls means there's less flex and corner turn-in is more positive than the Michelin PP2s I was using previously. The car feels more lighter, more nimble and responsive too! Noise level's pretty consistent and I would rate about the same as PP2s. Despite the stiffer sidewalls I personally prefer the ride quality over the PP2s. Unfortunately I'm getting some noticeable scrapping sounds under full lock. I guess the RE050As must be coming into contact with the inner wheel arch fender. Strange as I never had any contact problem with the same sized Michelin PP2s. I guess one 205 series tyre model will have slightly different width from another different model. Not too bothered but might explore some Eibach wheel spacers later.

Oh.. the stupid power steering & aircond belt is getting squeaky noisy again despite me using Jap made Nissan "Key Value" 2nd Grade belts. Get to hear bloody "chit chit" sounds everytime the engine's cold. Really paiseh for a car looking this fierce. Time to maybe import some original 1st grade Nissan belts from Japan but they're not cheap mind you.

11 comments:

vincent said...

wah bro...your car hardly move. So low milleage. I do about 500km a week!

Jack said...

CHUN!!

llsaw said...

> 20K km in 15 months considered low mileage meh? This is Penang you know ;)

Anonymous said...

fuyoo...dem chun!

BTW, the 4pk Jap belt I manage to find where got. the 6pk japs belt, to no avail...

Jerry said...

hey ur car looks alot lower than prev posts... alot meaner. i agree with vincent. 20k km is considered extra low. i do 5k a month. T_T

jacko, u dont have to search for the ralliart number. i have already foind it and i paid them a visit. ordered front and rear engine mounts. should take 1 month.

llsaw said...

WOW! 5K a month. The maintenance cost must be killing! :O

Jerry said...

oil change every month lo.
but im lucky to get about 12-13kms per L of gasoline.

Jack said...

Wow, thats a lot.. how is the wear n tear man, engine rebuild every 2yrs!! Phew...

Jerry said...

wear and tear? ok ok kua. the r3 engine mounts die off really fast. they keep cracking... other than that, small things do pop up here and there. but nothing major..

engine rebuild.. every how many kms? complete overhaul?

Unknown said...

I tole ya those damned donuts were good ...

So, about as quiet as the PP2s, eh? The nice thing about the RE is that it maintains consistent noise levels across its useful life, which should be about 30k, unless you burn 'em about.

The only Frog tyre that I rate decent is the Pilot Sport PS2, but at an equally silly - perhaps sillier - price than the Stones. Nice tracking and dry traction levels, indeed, a nice tyre. Until we ground it to death with the Bavarian toaster in Spain. Not the best of grip once it's beat ...

llsaw said...

Hey Anthony, How are you? Welcome to my blog! :)

ps. Can I have your autograph? :P