Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rear Disk Brakes Wanted!

As you know the N16 manual pathetically comes with rear drum brakes as standard so it's time to upgrade. TCM/Nissan is really unforgiveable for this cost saving exercise as even Kia Spectras come with rear disk brakes. I'm willing to pay decent cash for a good/excellent condition N16 SG-L/XG-L rear cut. Those crashed cars with the front wiped-off would do nicely. Alternatively I'm looking for the complete rear beam assembly complete with calipers. Have contacted TCEAS on this but they don't seem too interested. A new rear beam alone (not including calipers, etc) costs RM3K btw so don't ask me to get only new parts as the whole exercise will cost >5K!

I can source the other parts including the disc/rotors, rear parking brake assembly and brake hoses myself. Have in fact already purchased some Pro RS stainless steel braided brake hoses. The Pro RS branded braided hoses are claimed to be sourced from Eaton Aeroquip so should be decent quality. Shame about the Goodridge lookalike packaging though.
Anybody with leads on some decent N16 rear disk brakes please please contact me. Don't let my spiffy new brake hoses gather dust and feeling lonely in my cabinet..

16 comments:

vincent said...

Bro.. there is always the disk break dummy kit u know...hehehee

llsaw said...

PUKES!!! :P

Eu Jin said...

Well you'll need to complement the fake brake rotors with caliper covers as well. Kakakaka :P

llsaw said...

Paiseh lah Brothers :p EJ, when you gonna get the Alcon/AP Racing BBK? A set of monoblocks with 6 pistons would do lovely!

Eu Jin said...

Aiyoo...you think I don't want it mer? How does the below figures sound?? :O

ALCON (SG$10,500)
355 x 32mm floating mount disc, 6 piston monobloc caliper
350 x 28mm disc, 4 piston monobloc caliper

AP Racing
6 pot, Part number CP5555T1024 £1828.62 sterling
4 pot, Part Number CP7618-1-000
£1265.31 sterling

llsaw said...

Sounds fab Bro! Get some Performance Friction pads too. AP sounds cheaper but with that price I don't think the calipers are monoblocks. Should be good enough anyway...

Eu Jin said...

Hahaha.....I got those qoutes at least 6 months ago. I wish to have 'em but it's waaaay beyond my means, thats why just have to settle for new rotors. :P

llsaw said...

One other suggestion. Wilwood 6 pots are substantially cheaper! Check this out http://www.wilwood.com/Products/001-Calipers/007-SL6R14/index.asp

hmph said...

Hi Andrew,

For your SP previosuly, what Wilwood brakes did ya get? I'm kinda looknig to change form my stock GTI ones to twinpots or if they can fit 16", 4 pot. Any suggestions/tips?

llsaw said...

hmph,

Was using Wilwood Dynapros previously with 276mm rotors. No problems fitting into 16" so long there is enough clearance between the caliper face with the rim spokes. Worse case run a spacer. I ran a 12mm spacer to ensure sufficient clearance..

Eu Jin said...

Nah, will stop my brakes mod already. Well perhaps adding a BCS will be the last item. :P

llsaw said...

Okie dokie.. But as they say the modding never stops! :)

Jerry said...

ej said he will stop modding on brakes, expect more elsewhere! wahahaha

llsaw said...

Anybody want to buy this? Been in my cabinet for close to 6 months!

llsaw said...

Brake hose sold!

bestonline323 said...

i sell them if you need it still, contact me.


Cheers,
Len


______________________
performance brake rotors