Friday, March 9, 2007

Bang!

This just happened earlier after work and dinner.
And the idiot actually had the audacity to yell at me after getting out of his car. Obviously I exploded and yelled back and that actually calmed him down. Haha! We decided it was 50-50 and to settle the damage ourselves. Personally I think he's well in the wrong but honestly I don't have all the time to file a police report and argue my case. Damage looks too minimal for an insurance claim and furthermore I have max NCB so no way I'm gonna loose that. To say I'm pissed is an understatement. 9+ months, not a scratch and now suddenly this. Couldn't have happened at a better time as I'm up to my neck already renovating my house. Also have some parts on order for the Slowtra which I wanted to blog about in the near future but could now be delayed as a result of this mishap. Worse of all the BBS wheel took a hit with some scratches and scuff/paint marks. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Sigh... Luckily the bumper and fender looks intact with nothing out of alignment. The N16 is a pretty tough car from the looks of it.

Called my mech to send the car to hospital for plastic/metal surgery/rebeautification job. Thanks Ah Eng for listening to my rant after a long day and for allowing me to put my car in your shop even after it's been well closed for the day and of course for dropping me home. Hope the painter/repairer does a good job. He's my usual guy and has been with me since my SP days. This guy can really do a good job if you give him time. Also taking the opportunity to fix some bumper road rash (caused by small gravel hitting the bumper at high speed) and scuff marks of the driver side sideskirt (caused by me not being careful when getting out of the Slowtra). I'm gonna retire for the night. Praying hard my BBS wheel can be fixed like near mint. Worse case I'm gonna get me some Enkei RPF1s or SSR Type Cs :( Guess I'll know in the next few days. Over and out.

9 comments:

llsaw said...

Would have loved to but bashing up the fellow constitutes to road rage and abuse. Hahah. I'm really praying hard. What a nice start to the weekend :(

Jerry said...

man. sad to hear. hope it gets done up like new. althou rpf1's will look damn neat thou. hahaha.

have faith! greater things will come your way!

llsaw said...

Problem is the rpf1s may take a few months to get here. Told me painter to take his own sweet time with the job. He knows my expectations. Collecting car on Tuesday..

Jerry said...

after reading ur blogs for over a year, i think i also know what your expectations are.... hehehe. do u have another car to use for the time being?

few months?
if them rpf1s get here in a few months, will u go grab em anyways?

llsaw said...

Yup.. I have another car to use for the time being. Can't wait for Tues though. Got some carbon brackets done up for my fuse and capacitor. I really miss the Slowtra!

Ying L Wong said...

Sorry to hear that.

But how can they fix ur BBS rims from the nudges and scratches?

llsaw said...

I don't any dents on my rims (touch wood). The scratches and scuff marks are relatively simple to be fixed. If the paint is still intact the scratch can be sanded off and repainted.

Ying L Wong said...

Thx for the info Andrew.

I really dig this blog. Pity it's not for the mainstream audience, for all intents and purposes (There are'nt many slowtras out there. Heck, even I drive a proton and I read this).

Great enthusiasm but hope you keep your purse strings tight. Seems to me you've really indulged alot in your nissan!

llsaw said...

Hahahah. Ying, don't we all love Protons. If only they can make a car with quality and reliability :) I tend to indulge in cars that I own be it Nissans, Protons or whatnots :)